The Practice Code Numbering System (PCNS) of BHF is a list of unique practice billing codes for providers of healthcare services in South Africa, Namibia and Lesotho.
The practice number, allocated to all registered healthcare providers is a legal requirement for the process of reimbursement of a claim to either a medical scheme member or service provider. This is in accordance with the requirement of the Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998 wherein it is stated that a medical scheme may only reimburse a member or a provider of relevant healthcare services for services rendered against a valid practice code number.
Click here to view the updated ICD10 Master Industry Table (MIT)
Click here to view MedicalBillingand Coding.org - a helpful website for ICD-10 transition.
What would you like to do?
- Apply for a practice number.
- View Legislation Requirements regarding a practice number
- View PCNS Renewal Fees
- View my PCNS statement
- Check PCNS Payment Options. (BHF banking details)
- Make an On-line Payment
- Update my practice details
- Search for a service provider
- Dispensing License Search