Please download a draft of the Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill for public consultation.
The bill is to provide a regulatory framework for the conduct of financial institutions that will-
- protect financial customers, including by promoting the fair treatment and protection of financial customers by financial institutions;
- support fair, transparent and efficient financial markets;
- promote trust and confidence in the financial sector;
- support innovation and the development of and investment in sustainable innovative technologies, processes and practices;
- support sustainable competition in the provision of financial products and financial services;
- promote financial inclusion;
- promote transformation of the financial sector; and
- assist the South African Reserve Bank in maintaining financial stability; and to provide for matters connected therewith.