Serving medical scheme members’ is the motto which guides the manner in which the Board of Healthcare Funders of Southern Africa fulfill its function of representative body to the healthcare funding industry. Our core aim is to ensure the sustainability of the healthcare sector by enabling medical schemes, manage care organisations and administrators to provide accessible, affordable, quality healthcare to their medical scheme members.
The organisation’s strategic assets and intellectual property, are housed within the following business units:
- Practice Code Numbering System (PCNS)
- Benefit, Research and Risk Management Unit
- Health Forensic Management Unit
- Marketing and Communications Unit
- Training and information-sharing platforms