Call for Abstracts
The BHF Conference Programme Committee has extended the deadline for abstract submissions and case studies to 28 August 2020.
Some abstracts will be published in the BHF’s peer-reviewed ‘Southern African Health Journal’ and on the BHF digital platforms.
All abstracts should be in-line with the conference theme: Leading change in strengthening our ecosystem – The Healthcare 2.0 initiative
Abstract themes are as follows:
- The need for agility in leading change
- The role of non-state actors in strengthening our health system – changing the narrative
- Consumer’s experience of out of pocket payment
- The business case for low cost benefit options for schemes – actuarial analysis.
- Regulatory compliance: reclaim trust deficit and boost confidence
- Why schemes fail and land into curatorship?
- Good governance case studies in the funding environment – lessons learnt
- Fraud waste and Abuse – Synergies and applying the Law
- Post Health Market Inquiry – how we can implement the Recommendations
- Blueprint for common benefit package
- Desperate need for standardisation of alternative reimbursement models – adaptive and accelerative models
- Price Regulation framework
- Healthcare Initiative on Cybercrime
- Strategies to build capacity for regulators in healthcare.
- Improving distribution of the health work force – achieving equity
- Risk Based Capital: voluntary implementation
- Regulation 30: What investment guidelines for schemes should look like
Additional themes include:
To allow for inclusion of abstract submissions that incorporate the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) experiences, the following new abstract themes have been added:
- The impact of COVD-19 on health systems
- Lessons from the COVID-19, how to strengthen disease surveillance systems
- Challenges of dealing with Pandemic on Global level
- Emerging health challenges as a result of COVID-19
- Regional Industrialisation for healthcare supply-chain improvement – Post COVID
- Alignment of donor and other healthcare funding
- Reduced reliance on donor funding
- Minimise impact of the burden of disease
- Reorganisation of healthcare system with distinct formation of health ecosystems
- Abstracts must be submitted here.
- Submissions must be made on the above link provided. Email submissions will not be accepted.
- BHF will directly communicate with those who wish to submit a paper separately.
Deadline for abstracts:
28 August 2020
Submissions: Online only. Email submissions will not be accepted.
The requirements are as follows:
- Category theme for the submission, please see the list above.
- Methods: briefly describe project/study design and results.
- Abstracts must be original work.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed two pages.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in PDF format only.
- Abstracts must be single spaced, Arial Font, size 12 and be a maximum of 300 words.
- Authors must provide the affiliation(s) such as department, organization, and location).
- Conclusion must be supported by results/outcomes of the study/project.
To create an account for abstract submission:
To log in and amend your abstract: