Call for Abstracts
Deadline 10 April 2020
The BHF Conference Programme Committee is calling for abstracts and case studies for oral presentation at the upcoming 21st Annual BHF Conference 2020. Some abstracts will be published in the BHF’s peer-reviewed ‘Southern African Health Journal’.
All abstracts should be in-line with our conference theme.
Leading change in strengthening our ecosystem – The Healthcare 2.0 initiative
The theme is centered around an active response to our current health situation, calling the health sector to take leadership by looking at what we have learnt and crafting strategies for what remains to be done. We must make it everybody’s business to strengthen our ecosystem in tandem with the transformational healthcare reform debates.
- The need for agility in leading change
- The role of non-state actors in strengthening our health system – changing the narrative
- Consumer’s experience of out of pocket payment
- The business case for low cost benefit options for schemes – actuarial analysis.
- Regulatory compliance: reclaim trust deficit and boost confidence
- Why schemes fail and land into curatorship?
- Good governance case studies in the funding environment – lessons learnt
- Fraud waste and Abuse – Synergies and applying the Law
- Post Health Market Inquiry – how we can implement the Recommendations
- Blue-print for common benefit package
- Desperate need for standardisation of alternative reimbursement models – adaptive and accelerative models
- Price Regulation framework
- Healthcare Initiative on Cybercrime
- Strategies to build capacity for regulators in healthcare.
- Improving distribution of the health work force – achieving equity
- Risk Based Capital: voluntary implementation
- Regulation 30: What investment guidelines for schemes should look like
- Authors can opt to submit an abstract for oral presentation only or opt to submit an abstract for presentation and paper.
- Abstracts for presentation and/or papers must be submitted here.
- BHF will subsequently communicate with those who wish to submit a paper separately.
Deadline for abstracts:
The closing date for abstracts for oral presentation and abstracts for paper submission is 10 April 2020.
Submissions: Online only. Email submissions will not be accepted.
The requirements are as follows:
- Category theme for the submission, please see the list above.
- Methods: briefly describe project/study design and results.
- Abstracts must be original work.
- Abstracts must be original.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed two pages.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in PDF format only.
- Abstracts must be single spaced, Arial Font, size 12 and be a maximum of 300 words.
- Authors must provide the affiliation(s) such as department, organization, and location).
- Authors who wish to submit for oral presentation must have registered for 20th Annual BHF Conference and have paid to attend the conference.
- Conclusion must be supported by results/outcomes of the study/project.
To create an account for abstract submission:
To log in and amend your abstract: