Trustee Training Programme
MARCH 2020 INTAKE:
This four-day programme will take place on the following dates: 9- 12 March 2020.
Exams will take place on the 16 March 2020 with an option to travel back to SA & write on 30 March 2020.
Venue: Wits Business School, Parktown, Johannesburg
Who should attend?
- Are you a medical scheme trustee?
- Do you work in the healthcare environment?
- Are you looking to upskill yourself?
- Are you a principal officer of a medical scheme?
- Are you a practitioner engaged in medical scheme activities?
If so then the BHF Wits Business School is a programme designed just for you.
In an ever-changing environment, trustees are increasingly required to demonstrate how they govern medical schemes and keep their defined knowledge up to date. This NQF Level 07 training is offered by BHF and Wits Business School and is open to all in the SADC. On successful completion of this programme, you will gain knowledge of the medical scheme industry and an NQF 07 nationally recognised certificate.
This NQF level 07 will advance your understanding on:
- Environment of business landscape
- The law relating to medical schemes
- Ethical leadership
- Role of trustees
- Responsibilities of trustees
- History of medical aids
- Fraud, waste and abuse in healthcare
- Health finance
- Principles and practice of governance: King III practices
- Health governance in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Malawi